BAMPA-DAH. BAMPA-DAH B-B-BAMPA-DAH?!?!!?
BUM BUM BAH! BUM BUM BUM BAH! BUM BUM BUM BAH! BUM BUM BUM BUM BAH!
We’re back in bizzness, kids.
I now own all of SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES on DVD. Each week, I’m going to work my way through the series one episode at a time. Dig?
What Happens: Local “shock jock”
Lori Petty Leslie Willis (Lori Petty) gains ironically appropriate electricity powers, has beef with Our Man Supes, and gets mean mad.
- Evan “Milk and Cheese” Dorkin co-wrote this episode!
- Even without the bit where she calls herself “The Queen of All Media”, this episode is “Superman Vs. Lady Howard Stern”
- Lex’s little smile when Leslie is ripping on Superman is priceless. Lex has gotten the best little moments on this show.
- Right off the bat, Petty’s really fun here. Her whole morning show spiel is funny and sets the tone for the rest of the episode.
- I love that EVERYONE IN TOWN is listening to this radio show.
- The alternating cuts of “Leslie ripping on Superman/Superman saving the day” is a really cool sequence.
- In keeping with the whole Stern analogue deal, Leslie’s got her own collection of weirdos to exploit?
- Alright, so Leslie gets hit by lightning and gets electricity powers? That’s it? Or is it because the lightning goes through Superman first? Vague.
- Media doesn’t come off well in this episode, huh?
- Metropolis has a Times Square too, I guess.
- Livewire really is a cool Superman villain. Nice gimmick, great character design. Totally makes sense that she made it into the comics, though she’s been criminally underused outside of this show.
- Trying to lasso a woman who can turn into pure energy was a dumb move on your part, Supes.
- OF COURSE Lex Luthor pays for Livewire’s hospital care.
NEXT EPISODE: Speed Demons! It’s got The Flash! I LOVE THE FLASH.